Re: [tlug] New Kindle

On 07/29/2010 08:03 PM, Darren Cook wrote:

> I notice they have a new version [1] that seems to answer my complaints,
> as it:
>  a) is affordable: $139 for wi-fi version
>  b) does more: PDF reader, browser that will read wikipedia and blogs, etc.

> Anyone got any thoughts, or seen any early reviews?

No native ePUB support is the biggest stopper for me.  I'll stay away
from the Kindle until then. Price is right though.  I know I can convert
ePUB to Kindle's format but I'd rather support a company that puts it's
weight behind the open format rather than Amazon's proprietary one.

Sony readers fit the bill with exception of the price. We'll see if they
lower the price as a result of competition soon.

--
Marc Christensen