Re: [tlug] Scanner is driving me nuts

Lewske Wada <ryu@example.com> wrote:
>So you mean you didn't change any configuration at all and it
>suddenly broke?

No. My HDD went south and I had to replace it and reinstall
the OS and everything. When installing my Brother printer/
scanner, I can get the printer to work but not the scanner.

Sylvain Vedrenne <sylvain.vedrenne@example.com> wrote:
>Maybe you could run commands "lsusb" and "groups" and share
>their output with us?

That was prescient, suggesting that even before I ran the
scanner as super user and found I was able to use it. I
realize this must be a permissions problem, I just don't
know how to address it. Here is my "groups" output:

raroof@example.com:~$ groups
raroof adm dialout cdrom plugdev lpadmin admin sambashare

No scanner in there, but I don't know what to do about it.
I did add the lines to the rules file that Brother's website
said should make the scanner available to the normal user,
but so far it has not.

Thanks,
Ralph