Re: [tlug] Cultural differences

Hello,

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Pier Fumagalli <ianosh@example.com> wrote:

> As we were talking last night about cultural differences between the Linux, BSD, and Windows
> communities

BSD: Highly skilled developers, average age is higher than Linux's
Linux: New and young community.

One thing we should mention when comparing BSD to Linux is the
licensing: BSD alike vs GPL.
This is the thing that affects the communities.

GNU project is a thing that stands in between. For persons who doesn't
work on the kernels,
there will be no different because we can use the same tools under BSD
and Linux that GNU
provides.

I have a feeling that BSD users/developers are more technical savvy
and they do read and care
about the code they are working on. Being say that, I have to admit
that BSD is elitism and meritocracy[1]

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )