Re: [tlug] calendar file

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Michal Hajek
<hajek1@example.com> wrote:
> [1] man calendar

The calendars given so far on the thread seem to be simple date lists,
but if you're looking for historical data you would need to do some
calculation to account for legislative changes. I couldn't find a good
explanation but here are some pages with code:

For Ruby, with an added seireki<>nengo calculation:
http://itdict.ddo.jp/~yamamoto/Script/Calendar/

jholiday for Python:
http://lightson.dip.jp/zope/ZWiki/202_e4_bc_91_e6_97_a5_e3_82_92_e5_88_a4_e5_ae_9a_e3_81_99_e3_82_8b

for XEmacs:
http://www002.upp.so-net.ne.jp/mamewo/emacs.html#calendar

I think the hardest part to code would be the the furikae kyūjitsu,
where you would have to check if the date hit on a Sunday and transfer
accordingly.

--Richard Frankum