Re: [tlug] Where to buy a laptop

http://kakaku.com/used/pc/ca=0020/shop/10300/pUN933511/
> It's basically the same as what I have now, but a smidgen better - dual
> core CPU instead of my single core, and 1 GB RAM over 512MB.

So 80GB and 1.2GHz are the specs you want and that seems to be
a netbook of some kind.  It's true Acer is one of such Taiwanese
makers but Asus has better technology in battery and reliability
because their laptop has longer life for the speed of transfer and
operation and several types are those packaged originally from
Taiwan which come with a kind of Linux.  Of course you can
install Ubuntu later though.

Cheers,
Ryu