Re: [tlug] low power home server

>> I would use the disks from my existing setup, so I'm thinking of
>> getting just the cheapest unit for 236 + 15.
>
> My current gateway server cost me 3,000 yen for the machine which was a
> junk Pentium  4 Netvista, 4,000 yen 2G memory and 20,000 yen for two 1T
> HDD.  I use software raid1.

Well that's pretty much the setup I have right now. There I want to
cut down on the power consumption as much as possible. A very small
computer that runs linux/freebsd/whatever with 2 NICs (for
gateway-ing) and 2 esata plugs (for raid1). Or the router + NAS
suggested by Nikolay, I just need to find a solid product.

Janos
--
Janos Gyerik
http://titan2x.com/