[tlug] Customized log file monitor

Hi all,

I am looking for a tool that runs on Linux that parses a log file (/path/to/log/dir/yyyymmdd.log),
mail to a specified email address if some specified text ("Error") is spotted.

The number of files to be monitors is close to 50.
The text to be watch is "Error" on string.
Log file's filename changes everyday but I think I can solve it with ln -s.

swatch does the job, IIRC.

I just want to know if there is alternatives.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )