Re: [tlug] Meeting Notes: TLUG Open Meeting: March 13, 2010

Jim, thanks for writing this up.

On 03/15/10 15:20, Jim Grisanzio wrote:
>           o Structure of talks:
>                 + Discussion about having different months be set aside
>                   for different talks ...     ... but I don't think
>                   there was a decision on alternating months (check me,
>                   Edward).

I think the conclusion was that we should plan on running alternating
meetings but if necessary we should be flexible.

>     * Activities to consider
>           o Installfests, hacking sessions, workshops
>           o Desktops, serves, LAMP systems, etc
>                 + These can be logistically intensive and time consuming
>                   to organize and support, but they also may help grow
>                   the community by reaching out to new people (users)
>                   and more advanced people (admins, developers).

                                   + Travis and Karamoon were interested
in teaching this sort of class.

            o Technical English lessons.
               Bruce was interested in running technical English lessons/workshops as
               a way to encourage people less confident in there English ability
               to get involved.

>           o Should create a page on the TLUG wiki to list ideas for
>             activities

I just added a page, maybe we should have a link in the main page.

http://tlug.jp/wiki/TLUG_Todo

Edward