Re: [tlug] power adapters in Japan (and US)

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 03:20:05PM -0500, jep200404 wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
>
> > My wife just arrived in Yokohama
> > Googling indicated that she shouldn't need an adapter for her
> > Aspire One, which uses a standard 3 prong laptop adapter, but she said
> > that she did need one, and purchased one when she arrived--apparently
> > paying close to $50 USD.
>
> This does not smell right.
>
> It's _possible_ that she needs a _voltage_ converter,
> but it's not likely. $50 USD is about the price of a
> "travel" _voltage_ converter.

Thanks Jim.  At present, I'll just have to wait till I talk to her.

> Need more info. Please post URLs of pictures of:
>
> 1. The 3-prong plug.
> 2. The outlet.
> 3. The boilerplate of the power supply.

Ok, I'll try to find 1 and 3 tonight---for #2, I think I'd have to rely
on her, which is probably a lost cause.

Many thanks to both Dave and Jim for input.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6