Re: [tlug] Sharp NetWalker PC-Z1(J)

On 02/20/10 03:48, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Tobias Diedrich writes:
>  > Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>  > > I'm thinking about buying one anyway, but I doubt I'll be as happy
>  > > with it as I was with my now-defunct SL-C3200.
>  >
>  > What's broken?
>
> Dunno exactly, but it's capable of draining a battery in ~180 seconds,
> and then it won't boot, even with the power supply plugged in.

Isn't the battery just plain dead? After too much use, its normal to have
close to 0 capacity. I have a few almost dead laptop batteries like that.
Can you change the battery with somebody for a test?

Not able to boot even with AC plugged is common to small devices. The PSU
is not powerful enough, so it needs boost from the battery during boot.
With a dead battery it will not boot, needs some charging first. I have
an iRiver Clix2 media player that does that.

Of course it may be hardware failure, but I doubt it. If it were to
consume so much power it will heat like a stove. Let me try to remember
the physics.... I may be wrong, but full battery is 1.8Ah@example.com or
about 6.5Wh, discharging for 180s it will produce about... 150W!
I bet that can melt the device or it will at least glow :-)

So my advice is to check the battery. Does the Zaurus have any acpi
support? `cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT*/info`

Cheers,
Kalin.
--
+-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+