Re: [tlug] Sharp NetWalker PC-Z1(J)

Travis Cardwell wrote:
> Note that somebody with time could probably hack the system and make
> it run better...  The performance improved some after killing some
> heavy processes (PulseAudio!)...  Running a better/lightweight window
> manager would definitely be worth looking into...
>
> If Sharp were to release a new model with enough hardware to make the
> system responsive, I would likely buy one (after testing it for 15
> minute intervals at least 4 times)!
>
> I highly recommend using a NetWalker in the store multiple times
> before deciding to buy one!

Thanks very much for the detailed review.  That's just the kind of info
I was after.  Looks like the next step is to get my hands on one and try
it out, as you suggest.

Here's some info about replacing the window manager:
http://ascii.jp/elem/000/000/463/463734/

--
Stephen A. Carter
scarter@example.com