[tlug] Apache is still a little wonky

TLUG,

So... as described in a recent thread, I set up an Apache server on my
laptop to do some testing, and discovered that Apache configurations had
changed since last I looked at them.

Following the advice from this group, I got a local domain name set up
and all was good.

I needed to set up a second domain name, so I followed the exact same
steps I learned from last time, as outlined in my own posting:

http://lists.tlug.jp/ML/1001/msg00093.html

But it's never the same river twice.

I went through the procedure a couple of times, checking and rechecking
to make sure I did everything the same, so I'm reasonably confident that
I've done the same things that worked last time.

The domain I set up that last time still works.

My new domain... well, if I try to access it, I get a standard FireFox
error for "this domain isn't loading..."

No error logs, no access logs (the files get created, but are empty). No
error messages when I restart Apache.

The only thing that's a hint of a problem is that if I type in
http://mysite2.com, it changes to http://www.mysite2.com, whereas my
first domain doesn't ever seem to need the "www" subdomain.

Without error logs being generated, I'm at a loss for how to diagnose this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G