Re: [tlug] how to tune reiser4 for millions of files?

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 16:06, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
On 2010-01-28 14:27 +0100 (Thu), Michal Hajek wrote:

> the analysis itself is not a problem at the moment. I believe that
> by rewriting the program one can compute the whole thing in an hour or
> so.  Especially I believe one could employ cuda and nvidia card to get
> even better result, since the thing is easily paralelizable (? not sure
> about the correct English word).

Small question. *If* there is a zillion of file and *if* the file system is fast to
find a file knowing its name.
Second *if*: Maybe you may know the filenames at first? Are filenames date-based,
or something you could compute?
Then you could build a list first, once, then just update it when necessary.
The "fast" FS will then show you its power, no?

Lots of "if", sorry.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.