Re: [tlug] OSS network visualization software, WAS: [Semi-OT] Network connectivity diagnosis

(2010/01/25 20:39), Christian Horn wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:05:46PM +0700, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
[1]: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4058/4302271477_7938ae0962_o.png
What did you use to generate this, what software do others here use?
Shame on me, it was the guy sitting next to me using Power Point created this image.

I settled with dia for such purposes, generating schematics like this:
http://fluxcoil.net/files/speeches/latex_authentication/pics/crossrealm_overview.png

- inkscape seems a bit heavy and hard to learn
- kvisio was kde-related, seems dead
k* in kvisio is not "kool" anymore, they are too heavy yet not bloated.
- anyone using xfig for such purposes?
Same thought :) You brought me me back to student age.

Though I thought vector drawing software would be easier to use but I do use gimp. IMO, to draw a network like that, we only need a software that supports layers.

Viet Nhat General Joint Stock Company (Vinicorp)

Add:  3F, 92 Hoang Ngan - Trung Hoa - Cau Giay - Hanoi

Tel :(+84)-4-3556-3607 Fax :(+84)-4-3556-3608

Nguyen Vu Hung

Email: vuhung@example.com Mobile: (+84)-167-252-5834