Re: [tlug] [OT] Scraping Google Analytics for top ten pages on a site

On 2010-01-19 08:26 +0100 (Tue), Christian Horn wrote:

> As i understand it [Google Analytics] embedding links to google in
> your pages to do measuring?
> Shouldnt all questions google analy-
> tics can answer also be gatherable from local webservers accesslogs?

Actually, if I recall correctly, Google Analytics uses Javascript and
cookies to do a more sophisticated analysis than you can do from logs.
In particular, you can do a much better job of distinguishing unique and
return visitors, as well as getting better data about how long people
spend reading pages and what the next page is to which they go.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974
             http://www.starling-software.com