Re: [tlug] getting decent behaviour when hitting 'r' on tlug-mails in mutt

On 2010-01-09 08:52 +0100 (Sat), Christian Horn wrote:

> i am just so used to the behaviour to hit 'r' in mutt
> on tlug-mails and get into not writing a mail to the complete
> list but to just the original sender.
>
> Any idea how i could get that behaviour?

You could play around with the "ask-" options (mentioned by others) and
the bind/macro commands. The default bindings of "r" and "R" are, I
belive,

    bind index r reply
    bind index R group-reply
    bind pager r reply
    bind pager R group-reply

You could perhaps use something like

    macro index r <reply>n

after setting your options appropriately.

However, I don't think that there's really any way to do this compatibly
(i.e., reliably with the same command) as one does with other mailing
lists, because TLUG administrators appear to prefer that they tell users
how they should reply, rather than let the mail authors do so.

The "group-reply" behaviour does work correctly on non-TLUG lists.

On 2010-01-09 08:24 +0000 (Sat), Josh Glover wrote:

> Before anyone bitches and moans about Reply-To munging:
>
> 1. It is TLUG list policy.
> 2. If you don't like that, subscribe to tlug-admin@ and start a thread.

My suggestion is, if you're not willing to take over list administration
for all TLUG lists, don't bother. The current admins categorically
refuse to do it, and the only way around this appears to be to replace
them.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974