Re: [tlug] (OT) SEO - human readable url

Hello,
(2010/01/05 15:04), Henri Servomaa wrote:
Hello folks,

It's a bit OT, but as there are exerienced ppl on this list I thought to ask.

Basically, it's about human readable vs cryptic urls for SEO.
The question is, is this url
  http://myshop.com/catalogue/products/shoes/boots/camel

going to have better pagerank than
  http://myshop.com?id=1241394&br=camel&sku=123

if the site contents are identical otherwise?
Yes, URL does matter.

I'm more interested in Japanese specific info if possible,
I think the general SEO tips for English content websites do apply to Japanese website.

although I wonder if the ranking systems would differ by language/country.
I don't think the language of a web page is an input for page ranking algorithm. However, it seems that the search engines (at least google as far as I know) do
look at language priority in browsers.

If you work with a Japanese customer for a Japanese website, probably they will ask you to work on Yahoo! Japan search engine first and the google goes second.
For each seach engine, we have to make a slightly different approach.

And you have to think of SEO'ing for keitai, iPhone, PC as well.

Best regards,

Nguyen Vu Hung