[tlug] device driver problem

Any kernel developers on this list?

I have a problem with a USB device driver. The driver worked before,
but recently the kernel API:s changed, and I can no longer compile it
for kernel 2.6.28-15 and above. The problem is that the kill_proc
function has been removed. The driver forks itself, and if I simply
remove the kill_proc calls hard-to-kill zombie processes after
unplugging the hardware. It also seems to make the OS unstable, and
I've had to reboot a few times.

What I'm looking for is documentation or advice on how to safely
substitute the kill_proc calls with the methods currently in use. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Johan