Re: [tlug] Android Phone

> I want to get my old man an android phone. Suggestions please!

If my father were still around to get a phone for, I'd go for a motorola droid.

1) physical keyboard (his preference may vary)
2) runs android 2.0
**3) more responsive (due to the processor and perhaps being 2.0).

HTC stuff right now only runs 1.6 and it's not known when/if it'll
upgrade as the 2.0 requirements are different.   The 2.0 source is
released, but there is still hardware specific stuff that keeps a real
2.0 off of HTC handsets.  Bluetooth is one thing that is only really
supported from 2.0.

That said, I'd have a look at the terms of the contract and coverage.
I haven't heard about the battery life in several reviews so I assume
it's ok.

I hope my son turns out as swell as you!

** example review

The Droid makes a big leap in internal performance. Compared with its
rather sluggish Android predecessors," CNET Reviews said, citing the
speed at which the Droid opens applications and menus and scrolls
through lists and switches display screens.

Shawn