Re: [tlug] sshfs in fstab not working

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 06:32:17PM +0900, Dave M G wrote:

> I can successfully use sshfs to mount the directory I want if I type it
> into the command line:
> sshfs media@example.com:/home/media /home/dave/Mythbuntu

As a local user, not root i guess?
Probably not having to type in the password on the remote host
but using private/public keyfiles?

> However, what I've got in fstab doesn't seem to work.
>
> sshfs#media@example.com:/home/media /home/dave/Mythbuntu fuse
> comment=sshfs,noauto,users,exec,uid=1000,gid=1000,allow_other,reconnect,transform_symlinks,BatchMode=yes
> 0 0

You have 'noauto' in there so the system wont try to mount this when
'mount -a' is executed like on systems start for example.

This fstab-entry could be tested executing this as your user:
  mount /home/dave/Mythbuntu
A similiar line works here, same options, just different host and
pathnames.

This wont work to get the mount at systemboot directly because that
line is then executed as root - and root doesnt know about your
ssh-keyfile.  If you want this working a configchange has to make
the ssh-keyfile getting used.

Christian