Re: [tlug] NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT driver on opensuse

On 20/10/09 09:49, Raedwolf Summoner wrote:

> I am a neophyte with Linux and am not real sure here, but IIUC, running
> the shell script on bare console means booting at runlevel=3,

Firstly, please do trim your lines so that they're no longer than 72-76
characters.

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php#wrap

Secondly, there's no need to reboot as such. You can change the runlevel at
will. Fire up a console, use "su -" to become root and then run "telinit 3".

Alternatively, if you need to be in single user mode, "telinit s" should do
that for you.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't blow up will be the day
they start making inflatable dolls.