Re: [tlug] List of Japanese Open Source Projects?

2009/10/8 Jesse Casman <jesse@example.com>:
<snip>
> Do you know of any companies commercial open source companies in
> Japan? I know at least a handful that use it fully, even as a part of
> their marketing. Plat'Home, a company that I've worked with in the
> past, comes to mind. They roll their own version of Linux and install
> it on their custom small, eco-friendly servers. But I'm not sure I'd
> call that contributing to open source directly. SugarCRM has a
> presence in Japan, but my understanding is that it's a distributor and
> they do localization and sales.

3Di (www.3di.jp) makes and sells VR applications based on OpenSim, and
they are actively contributing to this open source project. As Norman
Lin pointed out yesterday, they have recently open sourced their
viewer product as well. (Disclaimer: I'm a part-time consultant for
3Di, and a core developer of OpenSim)

/Johan