Re: [tlug] comand-line recording...

On 2009-09-29 03:05 +0900 (Tue), Bruno Raoult wrote:

> Well... This was my initial question. I need to "su/sudo" to some
> account, and have a record of what I do... "sudo" is painful for every
> command. And again, it will fail to record everything, as we discussed
> previously.

This is where you phrased the initial question improperly and cut off
other, probably better, avenues towards your solution, your question had
three propositions in it. The first two were:

    1. I have to type lots of commands.
    2. Typing "sudo" in front of lots of commands is a pain.

However, in the form of your attack on the problem, you implied a third,
that you never explicitly stated:

    3. I must continue to type lots of commands.

That leaves you only able to attack proposition 2, leading to the "use
something other than sudo" conclusion. However, if you drop requirement
#3, you can then attack it as "how can I type fewer commands," write a
script that deals with your restart and other issues, and probably come
out with something that will do better logging, better error checking,
reduce the possibility of human error, and involve even less typing you
than your solution using script.

> I meant: not only the config file, but the "kill/restart" procedure,
> that I want also to monitor.

See above. (Though there's got to be more to it than this; the apache
kill/restart procedure is already one command.)

> We are no more in my initial question.

Exactly my point. We don't want to be at your initial question because
it's cutting off large parts of the solution space.

> > Which will work fine until someone changes the prompt (as I usually do).
>
> This will not be an issue, as we can figure out which is your own prompt...

This is not as simple as you might think, but I'm not going to go
further on this one.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com