Re: [tlug] router

I've got an RB450 from MicroTik:

  http://routerboard.com/pricelist.php?showProduct=51

That is extremely cool. I don't suppose you could use something like this
for LVS?

If you can get some form of Linux on this box with the ipvs kernel
module and associated friends along with the userland to control
LVS.  I don't see why this would not work.

When I was investigating this device, I ran across forums where folks claimed to have blasted Linux over the top of the "RouterOS" that's pre-installed. But if that's what you're going to do, there are probably more capable devices out there -- but if you *need* five ethernet ports, there's apparently not much else to choose from in that form factor.

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org/                    for thou art crunchy
http://thelemicleague.org/        and goest well with cheese.