[tlug] Edinburgh (Was: Re: Books for donation / auction at 2009-09-12 Tech Meeting)

Curt Sampson wrote:
> BTW, Edinburgh has the best summers ever. So much nicer than Tokyo. I'll
> tell you all about ICFP when I get back.

I hope it lasts; I get to Edinburgh in two weeks.

Speaking of that city, I used to subscribe to the New Statesman
many decades ago, and one of their famous literary competions was
to come up with the best acronyms - a precursor to our WTF/ROTFL/etc..
A winner was the telegrammic:

EDINBURGH: "Erection definitely imminent now! Book usual room Grand Hotel."

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Clayton School of IT, Monash University