Re: [tlug] Will this interface be too much for Android or iPhone?

Sorry, mostly links.

Le Aug 28, 2009 à 11:34 AM, Dave M G a écrit :

in principle than hands on skills. I know just about nothing about
iPhone's Cocoa language (other than I believe it's some kind of C
variant...?).

Objective-C is a very thin layer on top of C, and moreover is a strict superset of C. That is, it is possible to compile any C program with an Objective-C compiler, and to freely include C code within an Objective-C class.

(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objective_c)

I've read that the iPhone has 64MB of memory available for running apps.

http://www.taptaptap.com/blog/the-impact-of-the-iphone-3gs-ram-increase/

I want to design an interface that is pretty, but won't tax the
limitations of the processing power and memory restrictions of Androids
and iPhones. I'm also aspiring for an interface that is consistent
between them. As much as possible, anyway.

http://flyosity.com/

If anyone can offer some advice on whether or not I need to tone down my
use of gradients and graphics, or other tips I need to keep in mind, I
would greatly appreciate it.

You should really ask the iPhone dev forum.
http://developer.apple.com/support/iphone/forums/

Jean-Christophe Helary