Re: [tlug] search for encrypted information exchange

On 2009-08-25 10:32 +0900 (Tue), Edward Middleton wrote:

> Curt Sampson wrote:
> > Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> >
> >> ...git guarantees that you have literal copies of
> >> all the files involved in the conflict.  (Maybe Subversion does too...
> >
> > Yes, it does.
>
> Even when it doesn't detect the conflict ?

I would guess that you're talking about the case where a file appears to
merge correctly textually but in fact is semantically in conflict. To
deal with this in subversion, you do the same as you do in git; commit
your changes to a branch before updating. The only real differences here
are in the user interface: git forces you to commit your changes before
you can attempt to merge, and git makes it a bit easier to commit on a
branch since, by default, everybody works on a separate branch.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com