Re: [tlug] Yes! Another argument about the GPL!

2009/8/14 Raedwolf Summoner <raroofu@example.com>:

> Raedwolf Summoner writes:
>
>> > Tangentially to this, we have been traditionally taught in school
>> > that "money is a medium of exchange", but F.A. Hayek has
>> > contributed the much more interesting observation that money is a
>> > medium of information.
>
> Stephen J. Turnbull replies:
>
>> Again, this is somewhat inaccurate. Money, though it talks, is hardly
>> informative.[3] It is *price* that is an amazingly useful statistic.
>
> Well, it is inaccurate inasmuch as it changes what Hayek was saying (i.e.,
> that prices are "a mechanism for communicating information") but I was
> trying to apply it to what we had learned to parrot in school (money is a
> medium of exchange). And while prices are the data, money is the medium.
>
> --Ralph
[snip]

I'm not sure I can personally add much to a further GPL debate, but I
recently read this from a small developer which I thought was
interesting:

http://www.red-sweater.com/blog/825/getting-pretty-lonely

Graham

--
"Those who say it can't be done, shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it."

@nanikore on twitter