Re: [tlug] Trying to compare settings of two different PHP servers

Pietro, Curt, Francois, Alexi,

Thank you all for responding. After much fiddling with commands, I think
I ended up with a list of the different modules. Frankly, it was
probably no easier or efficient than just going by hand.

In any case, I have a list of the different modules installed on the two
servers. Each is a list of the modules *not* in common between them.

>From what I can see, none of the modules that the behaving server have
that the misbehaving server doesn't has anything to do with fonts or
images. So my suspicion is starting to be that maybe the problem is not
in the PHP set up, but elsewhere. But before I move on to other possible
solutions, I'd like to double check with more experienced eyes. Do any
of the modules here affect text in PNG files?

I'm posting this question in the PHP mailing list as well, but thought I
would mention it here as well, since some people have generously taken
the time to assist me so far.

Misbehaving Server:
'--enable-ftp'
'--enable-magic-quotes'
'--enable-mbstring'
'--enable-pdo'
'--enable-soap'
'--enable-zip'
'--with-apxs2'
'--with-curl'
'--with-curl=/usr/local/lib'
'--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib'
'--with-mcrypt'
'--with-mhash'
'--with-openssl'
'--with-pear'
'--with-pdo-mysql'
'--with-pdo-sqlite'
'--with-sqlite'
'--with-xmlrpc'
'--with-unixODBC=/usr'

Behaving Server:
'--disable-pdo'
'--enable-libxml'
'--prefix=/usr/local'
'--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs'
'--with-freetype-dir=/usr'
'--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/'
'--with-imap-ssl=/usr'
'--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/'
'--with-mime-magic'
'--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'
'--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6'

And, just to note, *both* servers have the following:

* '--with-gd'
* '--with-ttf'
* '--enable-gd-native-ttf'

--