Re: [tlug] A Linux branded credit card

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Shawn Brown<javajunkie@example.com> wrote:
> Look interesting but I'm sure my application would come back marked
> "out of our billing area".
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=4577
>
> --
> ASAHI Net.
> Visit ASAHI Net's English-language Web page: http://asahi-net.jp/en/

Years ago in college, I actually did own the older version of this
Linux Fund credit card when it was still issued by MBNA.  Being young
and stupid, I ran up plenty of debt and took years to get it down.
The interest rate wasn't very friendly either, so with affinity cards
like this, you usually end up paying a lot more in the long-run, due
to interest, than you would with a direct donation to the Fund.  Also,
they never showed me how much I actually donated to the Fund, but I
can't imagine it was really that much.

Personally, I'd just make a payment to the Fund itself (or whatever
charitable cause you use), and save your personal finances the extra
burden.  :)

--
Doug McLean

Blog: http://nihonshukyo.wordpress.com/