Re: [tlug] buy a Linux or OS-free laptop in Tokyo

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: [tlug] buy a Linux or OS-free laptop in Tokyo
From: yann_ubuntu-1@example.com
To: tlug@example.com
Date: Fri Jul 31 2009 17:30:45 GMT+0900 (Tokyo Standard Time)
hi TLUG,

my GF will buy a new laptop this week and she is ok to use Ubuntu. The problem is that she doesn't know any shop for this. Please help me or she will have to buy a Windows licence ;)

- do you know a PC shop in yokohama/tokyo where she can buy a pre-installed linux laptop?
- or any online store?
- or any recommandation for an OS-free laptop ?

The only thing she wants is a large screen (bigger than EEE-pc), a DVD-drive, and a good warranty :)

Best regards,
Yann
Hello!

Are those really that hard to find in Tokyo? I think nowadays laptops without Windows shouldn't be something extraordinary. Did you check those big shops called LABI (aka Yamada denki - http://www.yamadalabi.com/) or Biccamera?

I think Dell was selling laptops with Ubuntu, I see one on kakaku:

http://kakaku.com/pc/note-pc/ma_901/
http://kakaku.com/item/K0000045337/

Best regards,
--