[tlug] android japanese input

Hi,

Simeji seems to have a local dictionary option now and may not require
a network for Japanese input to function.
http://www.adamrocker.com/blog/264/simeji-local-dictionary.html

DoCoMo shops don't seem to have the HTC-03A in stock yet so I
downloaded the developer SDK and set up the emulator.  I used cupcake
1.5 and set up a sd card via
http://modmygphone.com/wiki/index.php/Emulating_SD_card

I think the local dictionary works after downloading it as I disabled
the Social IME option and the input still functions.

So at the level of input it seems possible, but I wonder if the
auto-suggestion function in the HTC-03A would be better for writing
mail.

Anyway, I contacted the company who makes the input system for the
DoCoMo phone -- OMRON SOFTWARE CO., LTD., and they responded:

"At this moment, OMRON SOFTWARE provides(sell) the iWnnIME
to manufactures which develop Android phones for their
Japanese model. Therefore, we do not sell it to the public
software market right now. Sorry."

Shawn