Re: [tlug] OT: Linux is Libertarian! (was "about iphone")

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull<stephen@example.com> wrote:

> You're the one who left out (faux) libertarianism, by not
> distinguishing between open source and free software as philosophies.

I would say that Open Source is more comparable to political anarchy.
They do not care if you make money off of it or not.  What you do with
it is your business, and more importantly your responsibility.

GNU is easily compared to militant fascism.  ^^;;  It has its place at
times, but gets used way too often.  It is kind of like saying "You
are all free, now do what you are told."