Re: [tlug] Salutations

> I though about getting an unlocked Android phone with the Softbank SIM
> card and wondered about just using wi-fi for data.

I suspect the data connection might work on the G1 but my Softbank
pre-paid plan doesn't offer data even on the stock Samsung phone.  If
someone at the nomikai feels adventurous and wants to try their
data-enabled SIM(s), we might find the answer. :)

> The only hitch with that is I'd need Japanese input when I don't have
> a connection so no simeji.

Yeah, that is a problem.  I'm using an app called JSandbox which does
kana offline but needs data/wifi for kanji lookups.  Hopefully Google
will roll out an equivalent to the iPhone's international keyboard
when they officially launch in Japan.