Re: [tlug] Android in Japan at last?

Alexander Danilov wrote:
> Stephen J. Turnbull пишет:
> > Do check.  The Zaurus SLC-3000 driver has a silly limitation of 1GiB on
> > SD cards.  I could understand 2GiB (32-bit ssize_t) or 4GiB (32 bit
> > size_t), but 1GiB?[1]
>
> It is very interesting. I use Zaurus SL-C3100 with 16G SDHC card(Debian).
> What firmware do you use for SL-C3000?

Likely the stock sharp firmware.

Patched binary blobs that are supposed to support 2GB cards do
exist, but at least here I quickly get read errors with my
(nonstandard) 4GB card.

I'd like to use openzaurus or some other open distro on my C750, but
AFAIK the very nice IME is only available on the Sharp firmware and
derivates thereof (Cacko).

I've started writing my own SD/SDHC driver for the Cacko 2.4.18 kernel, but
I still have to implement writes, add proper error handling and
clean it up...

The other alternatives would have been to
a) backport the 2.6 mmc stack
b) make 2.6 more abi compatible to 2.4 (emulate 2.4 apm device, 2.4
   touchscreen interface, sd_slotdetect device, etc.)

I discarded a) as 'boring' and b) because I didn't want to change to
u-boot as bootloader (2.6 is too big for the sharp bootloader).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de