Re: [tlug] (OT) The enigma of Japan (was: UNIX jobs on TLUG)

2009/6/3 Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com>:

> To be completely honest, I would say spend some time in Japan, learn the
> language make some friends, before reading about how Japan is.  Not that
> any of these aren't good books but they need to be read with perspective.

Sure. I'd say any serious X Studies scholar should spend some time in
country X, for the same reasons that one should read the influential
books on X.

At the end of this thread, it is important to state that I will move
back to Japan in a heartbeat the second it a) annexes Europe, or b)
travel at relativistic speeds becomes possible.

--
Cheers,
Josh