Re: [tlug] Database frontend in Linux

Hotmail shows that I have not sent this message. I thought I just did, so apologies if this is a repeat. It won't be a complete duplicate because I can't find the original either in the <drafts> or the <sent> folder.

> http://www.gcstar.org/
> http://www.lea-linux.org/documentations/index.php/Logith%C3%A8que:Catalogage

Muchas gracias, Colás, a todo dar. Alexandria looks perfect for my book collection, and GCStar looks like it could be interesting for movies and media.

> Amarok, which someone mentioned, is fantastic for music, but it sounds
> like you wanted more of an integrated solution, right?

On your recommendation, Josh, I just tried Amarok and found it to be an excellent program. When I opened it, It immediately cataloged all my music, just like Picasa did with my photos. The "Fetch Cover from Amazon" feature is also interesting for showing the thumbnails at a glance with the collections. This feature did not work well for the first several CDs I tried, though. When searching for a common title such as 30 Greatest or Lo Mejor de lo Mejor, it offered up a long list of unrelated artists to flip through. It did hit the common title Mi Historia from Paquita la del Barrio first try and also came up with Don Tosti's Pachuco Boogie immediately. I will be trying out this program. Thanks for the recommendation.

I really appreciate all the friendly help. Thanks.

--Ralph

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out!