Re: [tlug] About to break down and get an iPhone

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 01:57:48AM +0900, Dave M G wrote:
>> For ages now I've been wanting to replace my archaic MP3 player and
>> phone with an all in one device, like an iPhone. But not an iPhone.
>>
>> When the iPhone came out, I didn't get it because I think Apple is evil
>> and I figured I could wait for some kind of Android/gPhone to hit the
>> market.
>>
>> Well, it's been ages and I've lost confidence that Android/gPhone is
>> going to do anything in Japan within my lifetime. And my MP3 player is
>
> NTT/Docomo is supposed to bring Android in Japan. "This year" they say
> in a press release.

The Docomo Android phone (ht-03a) was announced today and will be
available late June or early July. No word yet on the price.

I'm torn. On one hand I'm interested in an Android phone, but on the
other hand the Softbank iPhone offer seems pretty good. What is Docomo
charging for hardware and data plans for other smartphones, such as
ht-01a or ht-02a? Can someone guesstimate how the ht-03a will compare
with the iPhone?

/Johan