Re: [tlug] Right Alt-key changes

Charles Muller writes:

 >      "pc+jp+inet(evdev)+level3(ralt_switch)"	};

Aha.  The ISO Level 3 switch.  (This is used to allow direct keyboard
entry of non-default layouts for alternative character sets.  In Japan
the obvious use is the JIS standard kana keyboard layout.)

I recommend that you *not* mess with this at the system level---it's a
good thing in general, and I doubt that Ubuntu and other distributions
will change it---but rather explicitly change it in your personal
configuration.  (There's nothing disadvantageous about your personal
preference here that I can think of; it's just that the default is a
good one for general use.)