Re: [tlug] About to break down and get an iPhone

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley
<daniel.ramaley@example.com> wrote:
> 10 years ago, migrating between Windows and Mac platforms was difficult
> and expensive for most people (buying new hardware to run the new OS,
> buying new applications, figuring out how to migrate data). Today it is
> still difficult and expensive for most people, though not so much for
> the more technically inclined since Windows and OS X both run on Intel
> and torrent sites exist.

As an aside, I still remember the days in high school when we had Macs
and PC computers, but they had differnet floppy disk formats, so you
couldn't move files around easily.  I think I recall that Macs could
read the PC disks (albeit not easily), while Windows couldn't read the
Mac disks at all.

Ah, times have changed.  :D

--
Doug McLean