Re: [tlug] how to use makedepend?

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Miles Colman <mcolman@example.com> wrote:
> Hello tlugers,
>
> How come makedepend doesn't recursively include included directories?
> I got '$ make depend' to find all the files it said were needed and
> add them to a Makefile, but I need to include the whole path to the
> directory where every header is located. If makedepend saves time, it
> should figure out locations automatically, right?
> How can  I tell makedepend that on Ubuntu 8.10, stdarg.h is located
> in/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.3.0/include/stdarg.h without me putting the path,
> down to the directory, in the Makefile?

Actually, if anyone has any references for non-ide tools to create
makefiles and programmer documentation, I'd like to hear about them
too.
Do you c hackers out there use ctags and splint as targets in your
makefiles, or is there a new utility that's been developed since
http://www.hsrl.rutgers.edu/ug/make_help.html was written? Do you guys
like Doxygen?