[tlug] [OT] Web programming/design work

TLUG,

(Apologies if this comes to anyone twice. There seemed to be some mailing list trouble a little while ago, and I don't think this got through.)

I'm currently looking to pick up some work doing something in the are of web development, programming, design... you know, IT work.

Ideally I'd like to do some short term contract work for small to medium sized businesses. The thing is, most businesses that need a web site (a real one, not one made by their cousin who read "HTML for Dummies") don't often go hanging around the kind of industry related hang outs like "Tokyo 2.0" or "Mobile Mondays".

So I'm not really asking if anyone here on this list is hiring, but more just asking around just to see if anyone has suggestions of where to look for web work. I've got my own personal network, but I think I need to push it further, find some new directions.

Thanks for any suggestions, off-list if you feel that's more appropriate.

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G