Re: [tlug] Flash and Firexfox 2

On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 01:19 -0600, David J Iannucci wrote:
> I feel the only reasonable answer here is to upgrade, whatever it
> takes.
> I'm not a Fedora user, but I see they're on 10 now.  Four just sounds
> way too old!  I've learned there is a direct relationship between how
> long you wait to upgrade, and the pain experienced.  Even FF2 is too
> old, by some metrics... I just upgraded to (the latest) 3.0.7 today
> because it fixed several serious security-related bugs in 3.0.6.

Yes, FC4 is sooo long in the tooth now. I'm surprised anyone is still
running it! F10 is quite stable now, but the devs, in their wisdom,
occasionally break stuff with updates. Only recently they managed to
turn off "Auto-start" networking with an update and everyone was up
in arms about it when they found they had no internet when they
rebooted. Before that they broke something else, etc, etc...

Two things I always do on a new install are:

yum remove libgdiplus

This completely removes the Mono virus.

and

yum remove gnome-packagekit packagekit

This removes the joke that's supposed to replace PUP.

yum install yumex

is a nice GUI for YUM...

Wayne