Re: [tlug] Open-source Japan

> *sigh* Information is scarce as a matter of physical fact.

I think this is so very true and compounds the difficulty in any oversight.

Take for instance, the peanut company of America who had a recall recently.

Their parent company hired a private inspector because Gov. ones are
overwhelmed.

The inspector specialized in produce though and wasn't really checking
the plant for salmonella which he wasn't required to test for.

So #1 the tests are wrong.
#2 inspectors don't know what to look for.

We can debate all we want about Gov. or self regulation but lacking
correct information ...

I mean it should be in the inspectors laptop under the "not required
but other potential problems".  Ok the inspector didn't have enough
time to do what he was supposed to anyway let alone more.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06food.html?_r=1&hp