Re: [tlug] Have an un-used Opteron?

> > Coincidently someone pointed out to me that I could replace
> > the entire server with a brand new one for only 70,000
> > (http://www.jp.dell.com/amd).
>
> Actually, if you're willing to buy the parts and build it yourself,
> for
> 70 kiloyen you can build yourself a pretty darn quick Intel i7 server
> (four cores, and hyperthreading to make it look like eight).

Is this is what starling-software's ever-popular video sharing site runs on?

Although there are few things that I enjoy more than spending money on new hardware and gadgets (damn you engadget!!). I am merely in the market for one, socket F AMD processor. Surely there must be a way to acquire one.

Cheers,
Sach