Re: [tlug] Call for presenters - March 14th technical meeting

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Would people be interested in hearing about version control?

That would be a great topic.  I would especially like to hear about how
you used Git.  Do you deal with any cross SCM issues?  I have found
git-svn works pretty well with subversions repositories but I can't seem
to find anything equivalent for Darcs.

> Over the
> past few years I've invested^H^H^H^H^Hwasted a fair amount of time/
> effort on RCS, CVS, Arch, Darcs, git, Bazaar, and Mercurial.  The only
> free one in common use I've managed to avoid learning about is
> Subversion.

Subversion was just an incremental improvement on RCS->CVS but probably
still the best for a purely centralized repository approach.

> Given that admission, it'll be pretty biased of course.  Y'all know
> me, though, so that goes without saying I guess ....

Not a problem as long as you also tell us what projects you used them
for, how long you used it and explained you preferred approach to source
management.

Edward