[tlug] Network issues Japan -> USA?

Hi

Is anyone else having severe network performance problems uploading data from Japan to the USA?

Since around 5pm yesterday afternoon (Dec. 9th) I've seen a sudden massive dropoff in *upload* transfer speeds (all protocols), specifically from Japan (Tokyo) to servers located at different, geographically separate facilities within the US operated by the same co-location provider. I haven't got access to any servers at other locations / providers in the US  to compare against. However uploads to the same servers from other locations throughout the world aren't affected and I can access them fine from a server based in Europe.

Download speeds remain normal. The problem manifests itself from various Asahinet and OCN connections in Tokyo. I haven't been able to test and haven't yet had reports from other connections / locations in Japan.

Does anyone have any insights as to what might be happening here?

Regards

Ian Barwick