Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] deleting a local list of filenames from remote server
- Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:30:13 +0900
- From: Charles Muller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] deleting a local list of filenames from remote server
- References: <4935289F.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla-Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (X11/20081018)
First, my thanks to all those who responded to my query. With all of the helpful suggestions, I'm sure I'll be able to make something work shortly, and I'll let the list know what I end up with.
I just want to reply to Keith Bawden and Dan Ramaley, both of whom made the suggestion of running this as a cron job on the remote server. Yes, I can do this (and Pair Networks, my hosting service, even has a web interface for setting up cron jobs).
But because of the particular nature of the system of my dictionary updates (I delete files from the cache only when I am simultaneously uploading new source files, and I only do that when there is sufficient new material, and after the XML source files have been validated) I can't have it running automatically.
I do understand the point though, and realize that it is a sensible suggestion--something that I will eventually try to implement when all of my collaborators are working with XML-validating software. Unfortunately, most of the people who are contributing data are limited to working in MS-Word, so I have to convert their data to XML and validate it myself.
A. Charles Muller
University of Tokyo Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters Center for Evolving Humanities 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
Web Site: Resources for East Asian Language and Thought http://www.acmuller.net
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787
- [tlug] deleting a local list of filenames from remote server
- From: Charles Muller
- Re: [tlug] deleting a local list of filenames from remote server
- From: Keith Bawden
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] deleting a local list of filenames from remote server
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] deleting a local list of filenames from remote server
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] deleting a local list of filenames from remote server
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] deleting a local list of filenames from remote server
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links