Re: [tlug] Just curious... how much impact does a kernel update make?

Dave M G wrote:
> When a minor kernel upgrade happens, does that usually mean that they
> have implemented support for some hardware that I probably don't have?
Well minor kernel upgrades should be security fixes, though sometimes
other things seem to creep in.  Unless you are planning to support your
own kernels you want to upgrade because you want something the Ubuntu
distribution supports and bugfixes.

> How much change is really happening each time I update the kernel?

Read a changelog, or follow LKML, though I suspect a lot of it isn't
going to be of interest to you.  The development goes on in the open so
it is just a matter of looking.

Edward