Re: [tlug] X11 Session Manager Setup

Edward Middleton writes:

 > Well I have various windows open with various combinations of tabs for
 > the various things I am currently working on.  If I use session
 > management to start it, apart from getting DOS'ed because every web page
 > is reloaded from the net at boot time,

That's a good point, although it should be possible to automatically
mark some content for refreshing "slowly" in the background.  Probably
not going to happen, as all the apps I know are very resource hungry.

 > I end up with a pile of Firefox windows in the current virtual
 > desktop.

A session-aware window manager should fix that.

 > I am fine with passwords not being stored, but being forced to
 > enter 8 or 9 passwords at boot time is less then optimal.

Another good point.  A session-aware app could try handling that by
waiting until you focus that window to ask for the password.